Each tenant is responsible for contacting a telecommunications provider of their choice prior to moving in. AT&T SmartMoves is a preferred telecommunications provider. They provide an internal tenant advocate who provides assistance in the following areas:
- Resolution of service related issues
- Improving data security, fiber optic service, and DSL availability
- Connecting tenants with SBC sales and support resources
- Providing a “go to” point of contact for all your telecommunications questions
The toll free number to contact the AT&T Smart Moves is 800-288-2020.
One South Dearborn also has the following telecommunications providers for tenant use:
- Crown Castle (Formerly Lightower): Provides internet and data services. Contact the Management Office for contact information.
- Cogent: Provides fiber optic internet service. Contact the Management Office for contact information.
- MCI Verizon: Provides internet and data services. Contact the Management Office for contact information.
- Centurylink: Provides fiber optic internet and data services. Contact the Management Office for contact information.
IMG Technologies is One South Dearborn’s riser manager and oversees the installation, maintenance and removal of all voice and data services distributed throughout the building. As part of this program, IMG Technologies has the responsibility of maintaining the telecommunications riser cable from the Netpop (the room where the building’s telecommunications service originates) to the service termination block in tenants’ suites. IMG Technologies Service Desk can be reached at 312-423-7707.
The following examples outline routine telecommunications services and procedures.
Tenant needs to add a new voice or data circuit to their existing suite:
- Tenant should call their telecommunications provider and order the necessary circuit.
- Call the IMG Technologies Service Desk with the provider’s order number, due date and circuit number(s).
- IMG Technologies will then install circuit(s) from the building Netpop to the termination blocks in the tenant’s suite.
Tenant needs to relocate an existing voice or data circuit within the building:
- Tenant should call the IMG Technologies Service Desk with the due date, suite numbers (existing and future) and circuit number(s).
- IMG Technologies will then install circuit(s) from the existing suite to the future locations on the designated due date.
Tenant equipment vendor requests access to the telecommunications closet:
- Tenant should call the IMG Technologies Service Desk at least 24 hours prior to the vendor’s service call time.
IMG Technologies will send a technician to the tenant’s suite at the designated time.